The Welcome Email view enables you to customize a text message that goes out in an email to new contacts. The system uses different messages depending on whether a contact signed up on a consumer website or an agent manually added a contact. The Welcome Email tool provides separate editor views for each message type.
To Change Welcome Email
This procedure assumes you are already logged into the Market Leader Admin user interface.
- In the navigation list, click Admin.
- Click the Email tab.
- On the Email tab, click Welcome Email.
The view presents HTML editors containing the current contents for each type of Welcome Email.
- In an HTML editor, enter the text you wish to display in a Welcome Email.
You can use the editor tools to format the text including text effects, paragraph styles, fonts, font size, font color, list styles, indents, links, graphics, and more. You can even switch it to HTML source view and edit the HTML source directly.
- Optionally, click Preview Email to view the email in a pop-up.
- When you are finished editing a Welcome Email, click Save.
- After you save changes to Welcome Email templates, you might want to create a test contact from your consumer site and verify that the test contact receives a Welcome Email and it is accurate. If you have malformed HTML in your templates, the email send might fail or it might not render correctly.
- Do not copy and paste text from Microsoft Word to Welcome Email templates. Microsoft Word does not adhere to common HTML standards, so copying and pasting formatted text from Word into a Welcome Email template can cause unexpected results.