When you click the Send Email icon ( ) on Contact Summary tab or click the Email Contact icon ( ) in any contact list, the system renders the Compose Message form. This form includes a HTML WYSIWYG editor to support custom formatting of the messages you send. To compose and send a message to a contact, use the following procedure.
The following procedure assumes you are logged into the Market Leader Admin interface and have the Compose Message form open.
To Compose and Send a Message
- In the Subject field, enter the subject of the message.
The form requires a subject.
- On the To line, check one or more contact email addresses to receive the message.
- In the salutation drop-down list, choose an appropriate greeting.
- Optionally, in the message template drop-down list, select a message template.
If you select a template, the system pastes it into the message text area.
- In the message text area, make any changes required.
Some templates have placeholders for pasting a link. Be sure to replace any placeholders or edit the message appropriately to not include the intended replacement.
- After proof reading the form, click the Send button.
The system returns you to the previous view and posts an information alert telling you, "Your email was successfully sent."